Moisture Control in Charleston, SC.
Remove excess moisture from your Charleston home. Call 843-906-9457 to schedule a moisture control appointment.
While you don’t want your home to be completely dry, having too much moisture can lead to negative consequences. You could experience water damage and the harmful growth of mold and mildew. At Anchor Environmental, we provide top-of-the-line waterproofing services in Charleston, SC, to remove excess water from your crawl space, attic, basement, or other vulnerable areas.
Common Causes of Excess Moisture
You may be contributing to the high moisture levels in your home and not even know it. You could have roofing leaks or plumbing problems, but many other scenarios can lead to excess moisture. Let’s review some potential reasons you may have high humidity and moisture:
- Your home has poor ventilation and traps moisture inside.
- You cook, clean, bathe, and participate in other water-based daily activities.
- You have many indoor plants and flowers.
- Your HVAC system circulates air poorly or is ineffective.
- Cracks in your walls or foundation let moisture in.
- Your gas furnace produces excess water vapor.
When you combine these scenarios, you get a property with uncomfortable amounts of moisture and an opportunity for damage. Scheduling a crawl space inspection can catch moisture issues in their early stages and help you find the best solution. Anchor Environmental can help you eliminate these issues.
Get a free estimate
"*" indicates required fields
How To Know If You Have Moisture in Your Home
You can experience too much moisture in a crawl space, attic, basement, or anywhere else in your house. Contact Anchor Environmental for helpful moisture control solutions in and around Charleston, SC, if you notice any of the following signs of excess moisture:
- The wood in your home begins to rot.
- Your wooden floors start pulling up, cracking, breaking, or suffering damage.
- You have trouble opening and closing doors and windows.
- The walls and ceilings have obvious water stains.
- You notice strange odors or dampness in your home.
- You have mildew and mold throughout your property.
Too much moisture can create uncomfortable and unsafe conditions for you and your family. As soon as you suspect excessive levels of moisture in your Charleston property, reach out to our team for immediate moisture control solutions. We might offer more than one method to resolve it.
Why Moisture Control Is Critical For Your Property
Keeping your property’s moisture levels in check is essential to enjoy spending time in the space. You and your loved ones will breathe easier, experience cleaner air, and feel better without too much moisture. Implementing strategies like vapor barriers can prevent mildew and mold growth
Additionally, your home’s energy efficiency will increase while your bills decrease. Your heating and cooling system won’t need to work as hard to compete with the uneven and uncomfortable temperatures. Moisture control makes a wise investment for your health, safety, finances, and comfort.
Benefits of Moisture Control
Having an effective moisture control strategy can provide your home with many benefits. Continue reading for some reasons why you should make moisture control a priority:
- Moisture control keeps your foundation safe from degradation and damage. Structural damage can devastate your home, but decreasing moisture may prevent this disaster.
- You decrease the likelihood of having mold and mildew problems. Mold on your ceilings and walls can lead to respiratory issues, uncomfortable conditions, and foul odors. Moisture control also makes you less likely to require professional mold remediation services.
- Controlling moisture can create consistent and more comfortable temperatures throughout your home. You could achieve a temperature that is not too cold or hot and feel better about the humidity in the air. A crawl space dehumidifier may help with this.
- You won’t have to worry as much about rodents, pests, or insects getting into your home. Part of moisture control involves sealing up small cracks and crevices that pests use as passageways. You’ll also avoid the expensive damage they can cause.
Some potential solutions for dealing with moisture control include vapor barriers, a vapor retarder, crawl space encapsulation, or mold remediation services. Vapor barriers come in many materials and prevent the flow of moisture into a space. A vapor retarder works similarly and decreases the speed at which vapor diffusion occurs.
Work With Anchor Environmental for Moisture Control Solutions In Charleston, SC
You don’t have to settle for excess moisture in your Charleston, SC, business or home! See what our crawl space encapsulation and moisture control services can do for you. Anchor Environmental offers free estimates and inspection appointments so you can decide what to do next. Call us at 843-906-9457 or fill out our short online form for your free estimate.